Wednesday, December 9, 2015

A Blog for You to Check Out: "Adapting The King"

Quick note here, guys:
 
I'm still hammering out my review of The Bazaar of Bad Dreams, but if you want some King-related blog posts to read, go check out the following blog:

  
Its author, Josh Parker, is working his way through King's canon in a very interesting fashion: by casting hypothetical film/television adaptations of the novels and stories.  He's going in chronological order, and is all the way up to The Stand already.  He's got a terrific -- and voluminous -- knowledge of current actors and actresses, and routinely introduces me to people I've never seen in anything.
  
Go check his work out, won't you?

6 comments:

  1. Aw, thanks for the shout-out, man. I'm all misty now. You didn't have to do that and it's really nice of you to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. On a side note, I did not see this until I scrolled down on my blogger page and saw that you'd posted twice recently. I was sorta wrapped up in the Elba rumor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up. Is there any chance you'll be writing any non-Lovecraft posts in what we've got remaining in the year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm about two-thirds of the way done with "The Bazaar of Bad Dreams" and have been writing about the stories as I go. I'd like to think that will be finished relatively soon.

      However, I manage a movie theatre and "the Force Awakens" comes out in less than a week. So time is not going to be plentiful.

      In other words, don't hold your breath. but I'm working on it!

      Delete
    2. The review of "The Bazaar of Bad Dreams" is now up, FYI. Turned out pretty okey-dokey, I think.

      Delete