Wednesday, November 2, 2016

No, I Don't Have A Turntable; Why Do You Ask?

Not gonna be much to this post: I just thought I'd toss up some hastily-taken photos of my Halloween present to myself, which came in the mail today.
  
  







  
  
If you're wondering why a grown man would spend over $35 on an LP he is unable to play due to not having a turntable of any kind, said grown man would respond thus:
  
  • If you're looking to me as an example of a "grown man," you are casting your line into a dry pond.
  • Fucking LOOK at it!  I literally bought it for the pictures.  Same reason I bought the Creepshow LP from the same label a while back.
  • You, too, can have one by visiting Waxwork Records.  Look at me, teacher!
  • I mean, I already had the soundtrack on CD, so it's not like I can't listen to it.  (In some universe, this makes sense as an argument for buying it, not against buying it, which now I realize must sound like a solid "con" to neutral observers.)
  • The art is by noted illustrator Francesco Francavilla.  Gorgeous.
  
What more reason would I need?

What more reason do you need?

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's pretty cool that LPs have become enough of a collector's item to have stuff like this be the result. It cost a little bit more than I would have liked to pay, but I'd have to say it's worth it.

      Delete
  2. Holy moley! That looks amazing. That pic third from the top is possibly the coolest piece of King tie-in art I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks cool. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for posting this. I didn't know it existed, I used to get newsletters from them and don't anymore.
    I listened to the Creepshow LP and The Mist LP on halloween. Good stuff.
    I'd love to have Joe and Steve sign my Creepshow LP.
    -mikeC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Man, that would be a GREAT thing to get them to sign (especially Joe).

      Delete
  5. The Mist in 3d sound I should say.
    -mikeC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dammit, I intended to listen to my CD of that this year and never got around to it! Very cool that you've got that on LP.

      Delete
  6. Yea, I believe it was a Haven fund auction on TDT.net
    It's weird too One album is side 1 and 3 and the other is side 2 and 4.
    There must be a record player reason for that I'm sure.
    Cover is cool too.
    -mikeC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that has something to do with certain types of turntables that can auto-change from one side to the other. But I've never had one, so I don't really know!

      Delete
  7. Also, stranger things, daredevil and Jessica jones colored vinyl soundtrack albums are out soon and look really really cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be cool if they put out a "Stranger Things" soundtrack on cassette.

      Delete